OEC- Office de l’Environnement de la Corse
The Office de l’Environnement de la Corse (OEC) established in 1991 by the Collectivité Territoriale de Corse is responsible for regional policy on the environment and sustainable development.
Its main areas of intervention are:
- pollution and nuisance control, including waste disposal, promote and recovery and waste water treatment.
- Promotion of quality of life (water quality, landscape quality, spatial planning…).
- Education, awareness : environmental and sustainable development..
- protection and management of natural areas and balances, preservation of sensitive areas (coastline and mountain),
- protection and management of insular and endemic plant and animal species,
- protection of aquatic environments and water resources, protection of marine environments, fire prevention.